The Invasion

WALT: I am learning to write descriptive stories.

Many years ago, when I was just a small boy, we found a mysterious object washed up on the beach. It was a sort of silver-grey colour, and looked like a finger, only much, much larger. My friends and I had huddled together on the beach around the thing, holding our hands up to our faces to shield our eyes from the dazzling sun, talking excitedly about what it could be. Some hours later, after we had all made up wild stories about the origin of our new toy, we dragged the colossal item that was the size of our dining table up to the village. As we made our way slowly over the sand dunes, and the long, wispy grass that marked the end of the beach and the start of the fields, a crowd seemed to be gathering. Women and young children were leaving their houses, young lads were leaving tools and ploughs unattended in the fields, and rosy-cheeked men were stumbling out of the smoke-filled tavern, all hurrying with increasing urgency towards us. Over the next days, weeks, months and years, stories were told of how our land was in danger from some kind of threat. There was fretful talk of giants, and frantic warnings about unearthly automatons come to take our lands from us. For years, people had looked over their shoulders, fearful that they were being watched, fearful that something unexpected and terrible was about to occur. For years, unsatisfied farmers had complained about their disappointing harvests, prophesying that the end of the world was near! Of course, none of us believed them, and none of us thought anything as sinister as the end of the world was just around the corner. But, we did seem to know in our heart of hearts that something was amiss. Something wasn’t quite right…

15 Years later…
I stand on the edge of my lands, grasping my spear firmly in my steady hands. A determined grimace spreads across my face. This is the moment we had all feared. All feared, but never dared to take seriously. Well, now we would have to take it seriously. We would have to take them seriously.
They had arrived… 
Okay I would't call this story real ether but I did already know what was going to happen because this story was a dream.

do you like to write.

Comments

  1. Wow Kalani! Lots of awesome show sentences in there. It reminds me of a mini series that was on TV a while ago where big shiny alien orbs appeared all over the world. Keep up the awesome imaginative writing, ka rawe!
    - Whaea Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kalani, I'm glad you posted one of you pieces of writing and this one was particularly interesting. I like your note at the end. With your next piece of writing it would be great if you added a visual of some kind to go with it.
    I look forward to reading more of your writing.
    Na Mrs Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting:

Kalanis all about me